CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION, WEBSITE IN TRANSITION DURING EARLY 2019
Dave Keibler, Leechburg, thrilled with the prospects of the PAsmart funding.
PASMART GRANT WEBSITE
ABC CREATE’s mission is to work collaboratively to connect ABC CREATE teachers with professional learning communities, tools, and best practices to develop competent and technologically-fluent students. The PAsmart funds will enable ABC CREATE to accelerate and advance work that is underway within ABC CREATE and work that has posed a specific challenge
and has needed additional support to move forward.
We plan to address five key areas:
- Increasing the skills and confidence of ABC CREATE district teachers in using text-based programming languages to help students to transition from introductory block-based programming to text-based programming languages used in the workforce.
- Accelerating the development of the K-12 Learning Pathways (STEAM-based modules) that will provide teachers with easy access to innovative lessons focusing on skills students need for today and tomorrow.
- Developing further strategies for addressing equity and access concerns within and across the 14 ABC CREATE school districts to be sure that all students are prepared for their futures.
- Engaging educators with business and industry to prepare students with 21st Century Skills needed in the workplace for Industry 4.0.
- Providing support to facilitate and manage approaches and logistics for this project.
ABC CREATE featured in recent Learners First Publication developed by Remake Learning. Download it here.